Discussion to be introduced by Mike Green
– Introduction, ie a brief history of the United Kingdom nuclear deterrent, which began in 1952, and has become linked to the U.S.A.
– A consideration of the ‘M.A.D.’ doctrine of nuclear first-strike option (Mutual Assured Destruction) – which is the stated option of NATO
– A look at my recent correspondence with MP Nicky Morgan, delineating the Establishment ‘rationale’ for the continuation of the Trident system
– Distribution of A4 copies of an outline of the March 2013 World Conference in Oslo on the envisaged outcome of nuclear war, and realistic ways out of the nuclear arsenal impasse
– Review peaceful realistic options, e g those promulgated by Bruce Kent (recent visit to the area)