The Friday Room welcomes people from all progressive viewpoints and political traditions who want to help create the ‘good society’ with the following qualities:
- A more equal society with greater equality of income, opportunity and outcome.
- A more democratic society allied to more open and accessible politics.
- A more sustainable society which values all people, all lifeforms, and the environment.
- An economy regulated in the interests of the people instead of being dominated by the speculations of finance and capital.
- Health and Education services available to all without reference to ability to pay.
Meetings are held fortnightly on Fridays, and start with an introduction as a scene setter for a broad discussion of the issue. All are welcome.